I work for a tofu company so naturally I eat lots of tofu. Like all my recipes, this one can be a vegetarian dish by substituting the ground meat with ground vegetarian meat.
- Mix ground meat with salt and soy sauce to marinate for about 10 min
- Add eggs and tofu to the ground meat mix
- Use either rice cooker or microwave to cook the mixture and serve!
This 油飯 is suppose to be made by using bamboo steamers. This version omits that step and uses the microwave.
- Oil Rice: 3 cups
- Shitake Mushroom: 6 mushrooms
- Chinese sausage: 3 oz
- Soy Sauce: 2 tbsp
- Pepper: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: 1/2 tsp
- Brown Sugar: 1 tbsp
- Soak sweet rice in 3 cups of water for at least 2 hours.
- Cut mushrooms and sausage into cubes
- After rice has been soaked, put everythin into a microwavable container. Microwave for 6 minutes.
- After microwaving for 6 minutes, stir the rice. Microwave for another 5 minutes, less or more depending on the strength of your microwave.
- The cooked rice should be soft. Serve with chili sauce.