Since I had some samples of Strawberry Silken Creations on hand, I wanted to do a low fat version of the existing recipe on Nasoya’s website. The original version called for Vanilla Silken Creations and canola oil.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 Package of Nasoya Strawberry Silken Creations
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips if desired
- Preheat oven to 350* F.
- Spray 8 X 8 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until center is firm.
- Serve warm
- When serving leftovers, heat in microwave for about 25 seconds.
I learned this recipe on our honeymoon cruise by taking a cooking class. Our fondest memory was eating this salad the day after we made it in the class when the ship docked in Tunisia. Tunisia was definitely not a developed country. I felt like I was in China and food safety was definitely in question. While on our $10 per person tour around the country force to go to different shops so the tour guide can make extra commission, we stood outside and ate this salad for lunch. It smelled so good and our fellow tourists were very jealous.
- Onion: 1 medium, chopped
- Green Bell Pepper: 1, chopped
- Salt: 1 1/4 tsp
- Vegetarian Chorizo Sausage: 6oz
- Dried Red Pepper Flakes: 1/4 tsp
- Paprika: 1 tsp
- Chicken or Tofu: 1 pound, cubed
- Black Pepper: 1/4 tsp
- Orzo Pasta: 1/2 pound
- Lemon Juice: 2 tbsp
- Diced tomatoes: 1 can
- Boil some hot water and cook the orzo pasta according to package instruction.
- In a non stick pan, add onion, bell peppers, and salt to cook until soften.
- Drain the orzo pasta and add to step 2.
- Add everything except the tomatoes and lemon juice
- Cook until chicken or tofu is done
- Add lemon juice and tomatoes
- Cook for another 3 minutes to heat the tomatoes before removing from heat.
- Serve right away or chilled.