Crepe is very popular in Taiwan, especially at the night market. It’s so hard to find good crepe in the US though. I am talking about the Taiwanese style crispy crepe. I finally had it and decided to come up with my own recipe. If you like soft crepe, just shorten the cooking time of the crepe.
- Vanilla Silken Style Creations: 1 cup
- Flour: 1 cup
- Baking Powder: 1 tsp
- Water: 2/3 cup
- Blend all the ingredients together with a mixer. Add the water last so you can control how thick the batter is. I like mine a little on the thin side so it’s easier to spread on the crepe pan.
- Heat the crepe pan on low to medium heat
- Pout one ladle of batter onto the pan and use the crepe spreader to spread out the batter to make a thin crepe
- The pan will start to give off steam
- After about 2 minutes, use a spatula to loosen the crepe from all sides to check the color.
- Depending on how crispy you like your crepe, adjust the cooking time accordingly. The longer the time, the crispier the crepe gets.
- Fill the crepe with your favorite topping. I like mine with chocolate chips or nutella.